Loch Ken Viaduct
The Loch Ken railway viaduct, built in 1860 and opened to the former Glasgow-Stranraer main line (the 'Port Road') of the Glasgow and South-Western Railway in 1861. The viaduct crosses Loch Ken at its narrowest point near Parton in Kircudbrightshire, Dumfries and Galloway, Southwest Scotland. Now in a state of disrepair and reported to be the oldest surviving bridge of its type in Scotland. During WW2 millions of tonnes of ordnance and supplies would cross over the viaduct after having been landed at Cairnryan. The viaduct last saw rail traffic across it in 1965, closing on June 14th of that year.